- Here at Balmoral Vets we firmly believe that prevention is the best form of protection! We offer a full range of vaccinations.
- For dogs, protection against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Canine Cough are available. (For dogs travelling to the North Island, we can also arrange vaccination against Leptospirosis).
- Cats are recommended to have regular vaccinations against Feline Enteritis, Rhinotracheitis and Calicivirus (the "Snuffles"); and all new kittens are strongly advised to start protection against Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV or "Cat AIDS"), which is prevalent in the cat population of South Otago.
- We also advocate regular vaccination against Rabbit Calicivirus Disease for our domestic rabbit population.
- It is impossible to over emphasise the importance of vaccination in protecting your pet from diseases that at best will make them miserable; and at worst ‐ kill them.